A child has died after being found unconscious while under day care supervision in Dallas. While her death was ruled accidental, her family is still completely shocked and angry.
Isabella Estep was pronounced dead after being transported from the Woodbridge Day School to Baylor Medical Center in Garland. Sources report that she somehow swallowed a rock and choked while inside the day care. At this time, we are unsure of WHO was responsible for her supervision. However, one thing is for certain:
Isabella should not have died.
This is something that was completely preventable. Sources report that the day care employees believed that Isabella was taking a nap at the time of her death. It took them TEN MINUTES to realize that something was wrong. And how could she be left unsupervised long enough to choke on the rock and no one notice???
The owners of the day care center made a statement to the press that they were concerned and devestated by the death. I’m sure no one is more devastated than the family of young Isabella. This is is DAYCARE NEGLECT. A problem that has become more and more prevelant as daycares become increasingly lackadaisical in their practices.
Someone must be held accountable for this tragedy. Our hearts go out to the Estep family in this difficult and tragic time.
The Legal Examiner and our Affiliate Network strive to be the place you look to for news, context, and more, wherever your life intersects with the law.