Atmos Energy crews will resume construction today in McKinney after an explosion left three homes devastated and three people injured.
Last month workers accidentally struck a gas line. Monday, workers will be working to finish the job and remove natural gas from the area.
“That makes me nervous because I have three kids and I stay at home all day by myself with the kids,” said Caroline Burgos, a nearby resident. Burgos is not planning on being nearby while the work goes on.
“The gas line is right here, and just like I said earlier, both of our next door neighbors are gas customers.” Burgos said. “We’re not, but if their house goes, our house is going to go too, obviously.”
Atmos Energy said McKinney firefighters will be on the scene any time there is a possibility of gas being in the natural gas line. Atmos will work on Howard Street near Seneca Boulevard and at Fenet and Throckmorton all week.